Thursday, January 11, 2018

Capsule Hotel F.A.Q.

I did plan on uploading this with a Video Blog but it seems that the Vlog will probably never gonna happen since I do not seem to be able to find the time in between work, procrastination and binge watching the latest season of Black Mirror.

This is still from my Japan trip in late November. Me and my housemate chose to stay in a capsule hotel to feel the unique experience. I personally love staying in a capsule hotel. Just that this is not something for claustrophobic people.





F.A.Q.:

Q: Is it expensive to stay in a capsule hotel?
A: This one we stayed at is called 9hours it is fairly new and the prices varied depending on whether or not it is high or low season. First night we stayed it was 7000JPY but second night was 3000JPY go figure. Pretty sure there are more affordable capsule hotels though, but since this is a more trendier, I am guessing it is more pricy than the older ones.

Q: Where do you put your stuff?
A: There is a locker right outside the capsule room.

Q: How do you shower?
A: There is a communal bathroom/ shower room on a different floor.

Q: Can you charge your phone?
A: Yes there is a USB plug in which you can use to charge your electronic babies. There was only one in this hotel.

Q: Is it weird to be in a confined space where you are unable to stand up?
A: For me who finds bunk bed rather exciting, it is not weird and in fact it is quite fun for me. Again, I do not recommend this experience for claustrophobic people.

Q: What do you not like about capsule hotel?
A: Honestly the hard thing about this communal space is having to be quiet for the sake of your many-many roomates. Although I do feel like the sound in individual capsules are kind of dampened and that is great as your movements as you toss and turn at night will not bother the other capsule residents!

P.S: They separate the gender so women and men have different floor of communal spaces. 






If you are wondering on what the capsule looks like this is the only photo archive I have since the rest are in the video footages that I am suppose to edit together with this blog (eh). And yes I missed my flight, quite a silly mistake.



9hours that we tried are the one in Shinjuku and the one in Narita airport. This is the view of the common lounge of the Shinjuku hotel :)


Cheers and thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for leaving a comment! Everytime you leave a comment you adopted a minion.

Leave a link so I can check out your page too!
Have a lovely dayy